Build resilience with breathing!
This workshop is for everyone who would like to boost motivation to work with the breath, practice pranayama (yoga’s breathing exercises) and feel its amazing benefits.
How is resilience visible in your breath? For example as an ability to breathe calmly, slowly and just enough in all situations.
In this workshop you learn more about why yogis have always been more interested in being able to breathe less and slower.
- Why is breathing slowly and just enough important in yoga practice?
- What are the benefits of slow breathing and breathing just enough (physiologically, emotionally, spiritually, energetically)?
- What are the benefits of pranayama in the wide field of breathwork: how can it help to strengthen the nervous system, immune system and respiratory system?
- How do you build tolerance to carbon dioxide and how do yoga and pranayama help with this mission?
- How do you develop a sustainable pranayama practice and gradually take breath retentions along?
- What does yoga philosophy say about kumbhakas = breath retentions and why they, in a sense, are the goal of yoga?
Yoga tradition meets Buteyko method - welcome to explore the subtlety of your breath and let life force fill you!
- Lecture (1 hour)
- Gentle pranayama practices followed by a practice focusing on breath retentions and inner vayus. We finish with a yin yoga sequence focusing on strengthening life force. (2 hours)
The workshop is designed for those already practicing yoga and for yoga teachers. However, if you have a fairly regular breathing practice and you would like to progress with it, you’re welcome to join without that much yoga experience. After all, we are all breathers.
Sanni Parkkinen is an experienced yoga teacher (E-RYT 500) and breathing coach coming from Finland. Pranayama has always been her favorite modality in yoga, and breath has lately become the focus of her work. She is educating new breath coaches in Trondheim and running the most popular breathing course online in Finland. Her approach to breathing is multidisciplinary and she combines knowledge and practices from the following styles: Hatha, Tantra and Vijnana Yoga, Buteyko method, Oxygen Advantage, Somatic Experiencing, Feldenkrais method and trauma therapy.
- WHERE: Yogaens Hus, Mellomila 91a
- WHEN: Friday 2.9. kl 17-20
- Regular: 500 kr
- Students / unemployed / low income: 400 kr
- REGISTRATION: Opens soon
In case you have any questions, contact sanni(a)mindgrit.no
In English. The registration is binding.
- Last Updated: 17.03.2022
- Source: Hva skjer kalender
fr. 2. september 2022 17:00 – 20:00
Pranayama Boost Workshop
- 2. september 2022
- What's Nearby