Images of spectacular nature are the most powerful element in the communication of the brand. The images must convey that Norway has nature and culture, that it is inhabited and a place for social experience and active participation.
- Images must reflect the values; real, fresh, adventurous, open minded.
- The colours should be clean and fresh, showing the contrasts in Norwegian nature.
- Stand-alone images should create a WOW effect, evoke emotions and convey that this could only be Norway.
- Where there is more than one image there should be variation in the topic that reflects the unique aspects of Norway i.e. in a brochure show nature AND culture, food and activities.
- Focus on spectacular fjords, coastal landscapes and selected natural treasures (Midnight Sun, Northern Lights etc.).
- Combine nature with active situations and feature social interaction between people.
- Use images of local people or tourists as appropriate for the context.
- Interaction between tourists and local people.
- In typical/traditional settings, reinforce “Norwegianness” by featuring local people.
- Show coastal cities, towns and villages, including their cultural attractions.
- Highlight accessibility, e.g. by showing roads, cars or other signs of infrastructure that makes sites accessible.
- Show all seasons to highlight great variation and unique experiences all year round.
- Lots and lots of seafood and other specialities in natural and social settings.